2021 TOURNAMENT RULES
Interpretations of the rules will be at the discretion of the Tournament Derby Committee. The rules and the
interpretations of them will be final and not open to protest.
Derby runs from Sunday April 25, 2021 through Saturday June 5, 2021 at midnight. Deadline for Registration is
Monday April 19, 2021 at Midnight. Deadlines for weigh-ins are Noon on Sunday June 6, 2021.
All Derby information, updates, forms, leader boards, etc. will be available on the Official Derby Web Site. http://www.
1. Individual “Derby Registrations" are $35.00. Contestants are responsible for obtaining Registration Forms and
Weigh-in Forms from the official Derby Web Site
THE DEADLINES for the Derby Registrations is Monday, April 19, 2021. No Refunds after Monday April 19, 2021, for
- In-Person Registrations are accepted and considered from the time of the drop off. Complete your required
information on both top section (Registration Form), and bottom section (Proof of Registration). Bring the top section
to FishCrazy Derby, LLC at 1387 West 87 ST. Cleveland Ohio, 44102, together with the fee; check or money order
made out to FishCrazy Derby, LLC. Keep the bottom section for your records.
- Mail-in Registrations will be considered from the date Postmarked on the envelope! Mail completed top section of
the Registration Form, together with fee; check or money order (NO CASH) to: FishCrazy Derby, LLC., 1387 West 87
St., Cleveland, Ohio 44102. Keep the bottom portion "Proof of Registration" for your records.
- The responsibility for any lost, stolen, or un-received registrations lies solely with the Contestant.
- NSF check payments will result in temporary suspension of the contestant and are subject to a $ 50.00 NSF Fee.
The NSF fee plus the registration fee must be paid in person in CASH at the above address prior to Monday April 19,
2021. Failure to satisfy a bounced check, together with the NSF fee, will result in permanent suspension of the
contestant from this and all future Derbies
- On-Line registrations. Are considered from the time on-line payment is made, together with completed On-Line
registration. On-Line Registration will cost an additional On-Line Service Fee of $ 2.00.
2. Ohio Fishing Rules and Regulations. All contestants must follow the Ohio fishing rules and regulations while fishing
in the Derby. Any contestant receiving a citation during the Derby period, or any other time, from ANY Ohio law
enforcement agency regarding fishing and boating regulations, will be disqualified and/or forbidden from this
tournament. Any contestant receiving a citation from ANY Ohio law enforcement agency regarding fishing regulations
during the Derby period, and won a PRIZE, MUST FORFEIT THE WINNINGS, EVEN IF THE CONTESTANT ALREADY
RECEIVED THE PRIZE. IN THE EVENT THE CONTESTANT DOES NOT RETURN THE WINNINGS VOLUNTARILY,
THE DERBY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROCEED BY LEGAL ACTION IN ORDER TO RECUPERATE THE
WINNINGS. THE CONTESTANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL LEGAL AND OTHER COSTS INCURRED BY THE
DERBY. Fish can be caught at any time during the derby period on Lake Erie Ohio waters and its Ohio tributaries
3. Rod/Line Rule. Contestants can fish from shore or boat, adhering to the Ohio Fishing Rules and Regulations.
When fishing from a boat ALL BOAT OCCUPANTS MUST BE REGISTERED IN THE DERBY. EXCEPT Minors 4 years
old or younger. Observe Rule 6-Minors for details. Assistance with netting the fish is allowed.
4. Weigh-Ins. Contestants can weigh-in and register an unlimited number of fish throughout the duration of the Derby
at no additional cost. Contestants MUST WEIGH IN THEIR FISH PERSONALY! A minor contestant, 17 years old or
younger, MUST be accompanied by the adult present at the time of the catch and must co-sign the weigh in form as a
witness. Only the Contestant's heaviest fish will be used in determining the Contestants placement on the Leader
Boards. Contestants are responsible for acquiring their Weigh-In Forms and must complete and sign them personally.
The weigh-in station will fill in their portion at the time of the weigh-in. Contestants will receive a PROOF OF THE
WEIGH-IN, WHICH THE CONTESTANT MUST PRESENT TOGETHER WITH THE PROOF OF REGISTRATION TO BE
GIVEN CREDIT FOR THE FISH CAUGHT! All scales used are certified, and the weight is measured down to 1
hundredth of a pound (0.01). Measurements are obtained by collapsing/pinching the tail for the longest length of the
fish, by increments of 1/8". Any tampering with the fish to obtain an unnatural and altered weight or measurement will
result in immediate disqualification of the fish and/or the contestant. FISH CAN ONLY BE WEIGHED AT ONE WEIGH-
IN STATION; FISH WEIGHED AT MULTIPLE WEIGH-IN STATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!A list of the OFFICIAL
WEIGH-IN STATIONS can be found on the official Derby Web Site: http://www.lakeeriewalleyederby.com
5. Using the fish for other tournaments is allowed, if the participants, while fishing both tournaments consecutively,
follow this derby's rules. However, the fish must be weighed at one of FishCrazy’s official weigh-in stations!
6. Minors. For participants 17-year-old and under at the time registering, the registration form must be co-signed by
an adult legal guardian of the minor. All minors 5-year-old, turn five any time during the derby year, to 12-year-old,
turn twelve any time during the derby year, will be entered into the KID’S DIVISION ONLY! Their registration fees will
go 100% towards the KID’S DIVISION payouts plus all sponsorships for the division. All minors 13-year-old and older,
turn 13-years-old any time during the derby year, will be entered into the OVERALL DIVISION ONLY! Minors 4-year-
old and younger, TURN 4 ANY TIME DURING THE DERBY YEAR, are allowed on the boat AS OBSERVERS ONLY
AND CANNOT REGISTER FOR THE DERBY! NO EXTRA RODS ARE ALLOWED ON THEIR BEHALF WHILE FISHING
FOR THE DERBY, AND ANY FISH REELED IN BY THEM CANNOT BE COUNTED FOR THE DERBY! NO POLIGRAPH
EXAMINATION for the "Kids Division". WE EXPECT the adults to apply common sense when teaching the kids "Fair
Play"! In the event a minor 13-year-old and older places in the Overall Division and would be required to take a
polygraph, then the adult present at the time of the catch and weigh-in will be required to take the polygraph instead
of the kid. The adult will bear all consequences.
7. Women’s Division. All females who turn 13-years-old and older, turn 13 years old any time during the Derby year,
will be entered into the “WOMEN’S DIVISION” AS WELL AS THE “OVERALL DIVISION”. Their registration fee will be
part of the “OVERALL DIVISION” payouts, and they can win in both divisions. The payouts for the “WOMEN’S
DIVISION” will be determined from Sponsors donation ONLY! Amounts to be determined based on sponsor
8. Polygraph Examinations. The 1ST PLACE WINNER of the Derby MUST submit to a MANDATORY polygraph
examination. Additional polygraph examinations will be administered at the Derby's Officials discretion. Polygraph
examinations can be administered at any time during the derby. The contestant must be available for testing at the
time and place designated by the Derby Committee. The participant MUST be available for the examination
immediately. Participants to be examined cannot be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication. A participant
under such chemical influence at the time of examination will be considered a refusal on the participant’s part. A
participant’s fitness to be examined is at the sole discretion of the polygraph examiner. Only the actual cost of the test
will be covered by the derby. Only polygraph examiners chosen by the Tournament Committee will be used.
Participants MUST PASS the polygraph examination; refusal of the examination will be considered as a failed
examination. A FAILED EXAMINATION will result in immediate disqualification of Contestant and fish and future
participation in the FishCrazy Derby.
9. Tiebreakers. Ties by weight are decided through length measurements. If still a tie, then a coin flip will decide the
winner. The loser of the coin toss will drop down one place in standings. All contestants involved must be present for
the coin toss. If one contestant is not represented, the winner will be the one contestant present. If both parties are
not present, they will both lose their place in the standings. If necessary, the coin tosses location will be determined
and announced prior to the awards party.
10. W-9. Any contestant receiving a total amount in CASH prize greater than $ 600.00 will be required to complete a
W-9 form prior to receiving the payout money. In case of a minor the co-signer agrees to acquire the winnings and
complete the W-9. All Contestants are responsible for all taxes due for the winning!
11. Protests. Any contestant has the right to protest another contestant. The protest must be made in writing to the
Derby Committee any time during the derby, no later than 24 hours after the completion of the Derby, and must
include the protest fee of $ 500.00, all documentation, list of witnesses, etc., to uphold your protest. If the protest is
upheld the fee will be returned. If it is not, no refund will be given. Polygraph examinations MAY be used to address
the protest and must be taken by the contestant(s) in question as required by the Derby Committee. Failure to submit
to the polygraph examination and/or failure of the examination will result in immediate disqualification. Contact for
protests: FishCrazy Derby. LLC, 1387 West 87 St., Cleveland Ohio, 44102. 216-408-0404.
12. Spirit of the rule. It is our goal to provide a sportsman like Derby and a fair and even playing field. All concerns in
regards to the Derby and/or its rules should be directed to the Derby Organizers, at the FishCrazy Derby, LLC, 1387
West 87St, Cleveland Ohio 44102, as they have sole jurisdiction in determining the application of the rules.
13. Entries and Rules. This Derby and its committee have the right of entry refusal or expulsion from the Derby to any
person, for any reason. The Derby and its committee reserve the right to adjust and/or add new rules and regulations
to cover any circumstances not covered in these rules and the committee decision is final as to interpretation of said
rule. Contestants are responsible to familiarize themselves with the rules, and check for any updates and changes.
Any such changes and updates are posted on the official site of the tournament: http://www.lakeeriewalleyederby.com
14. Promotion and Advertising. All contestants agree to be present and receive their awards and prizes publicly. All
participants and winners will comply with the use of their names, pictures, winning announcements, publicity and
claims by us, our associates and sponsors for promotional and advertising purposes, and stakes no other claims for
15. Drinking and drug use. The committee does not condone the consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs on the water
and/or when participating in this tournament/derby, however this subject is left to the discretion of the laws applying to
these issues. Drunkenness and drug use in the official areas of the tournament/derby will result in the offender’s
16. Waiver and hold harmless agreement. By registering in this tournament/derby, all contestants agree to hold
harmless any, and all organizers, promoters, sponsors, tournament/derby directors, agents, agencies, organizations
and ALL others participating in organizing this tournament/derby. Furthermore, all contestants agree to waive all
responsibility for death, injuries, damages, liability, theft, fire, loss and damages of any kind to contestants or anyone
due to participating in this tournament/derby.
17. CASH AWARDS. All cash awards are based on minimum 80% payout of the total Derby Registrations and will be
determined after the Registration Deadline. All the prizes will be awarded at the Awards Ceremony held after Derby,
announced on the Web Site.